Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thankful Thursday

This post is #1 of hopefully many more Thankful Thursdays... I hope to focus on one thing each Thursday that I am Thankful for. I'm sure it will be a wide range of things because I am one thankful girl.

This week I am Thankful for Len & Barb Kopas AKA Grandpa and Grandma Kopas.

These two people have come to be two of the most important people in my life. From the very first time they met me, {in Crookston MN at one of their eldest grandson's hockey games} they accepted me into their lives and hearts with arms wide open.

Gpa K is a quiet man, but when he does speak he shows he is full of wisdom. You can see the love that he has for all of his family in his eyes. He has taught important lessons to his family. One of the most important, The Crinkle. The Crinkle is when a beverage of choice {beer} has been consumed, you need to roll the empty can between your palms so that it creates The Crinkle. This sound causes an automatic response from anyone in the Kopas family. You must go get the crinkler a new {beer}.

Gma K is energetic, outspoken, and loving. This woman can make you think twice with one glance in your direction. She can make your body swell with love from her thoughtful words. I have always felt loved and accepted into this family, and she is one of the main reasons. She is the glue that holds this family together.

The love these two have for each other is something that I can only dream to have for myself in the future. They have been together for FIFTY years. What an incredible accomplishment! I say accomplishment because being married for fifty years could not have been easy. I know for a fact that they have had their share of ups and downs, but to keep that love growing through all of their struggles and continuing to support and have trust in their relationship through it all is something any person/couple can be jealous of.

Not only am I thankful for these two people for showing me what true love actually is. {It is hard to come by these days} I am also eternally grateful for their support of Andy and I. They gave us encouragement and advice when we were nervous soon to be parents. They are always there for Andy's sporting events. {They missed very few of his hockey games throughout his career} And now they continue to be there to babysit {and by babysit I mean love, teach, discipline, encourage & again love} our son while we are off at work. They don't ask for anything in return and they look forward to spending their time with him.

I am SO lucky to have these two. They will forever and always be near to my heart. I am blessed and forever grateful for their love and support for me and my family.

So on this Thursday, the 9th day of February in the year of 2012... I want to say Thank You to two magnificent people. I am forever thankful to have you in mine and Aidyn's life!

The first time Gpa & Gma met AJ
Gpa & Gma there to show AJ love on his Baptism day.



The family that these two beautiful people created.
Congratulations on 50 years! We love you!


Happy Thankful Thursday everyone!
What are you thankful for today?

Cheers & Love

SGK

No comments:

Post a Comment