Monday, February 13, 2012

How I Relate...

I spent the weekend at home with my little man. When we weren't playing I spent most of my time catching up on Teen Mom, doing laundry, and lounging around. Ya ya I know everyone hates Teen Mom, but... I am a young mother, and in SOME ways I can relate.

I relate to Chelsea the most. She was younger than me when she got pregnant, but her relationship drama is much like mine. {Not quite as dramatic, and Andy is a GREAT daddy unlike Adam.} She struggled to keep her head above water when it came to school and I feel the same. I tried so hard to stay motivated the last two semesters, but pregnant brain and then having a cute, cuddly baby made it very difficult to stay focused. The break that I'm taking right now has helped tremendously. I feel more focused and almost excited to start school back up again. I'm sure I'll feel a little differently when I am attempting to write a paper, but I know now that my cute, cuddly little {well not so little anymore} baby, will keep me motivated to finish fast so we can move on to bigger things in our lives.

I relate to Kaylin (spelling?) because she lived with her boyfriends parents for awhile. {But again, her relationship with her bf's parents was VERY drama filled, unlike mine.} I am forever grateful for how gracious Andy's parents have been to us. I know it can't be easy having a baby around making a mess and causing trouble a lot of the time. They have always been kind, and VERY helpful. But I do look forward to the day that we have our own place.

In no way can I relate to Janelle. I think that she is a horrible mother and I feel so bad for her little guy. I could never leave my child the way that she has.

I don't really relate to Leah either. I hate that she cheated on Cory, and I think it is unbelievable that they even got married in the first place. I do however think that she is a great mother. She is doing great things for Ali. As a mother of a healthy little boy, I can not fathom how difficult it must be to deal with medical issues in a child. There are a few mothers I know personally who have had to, or currently are dealing with unimaginable things with their children. My heart aches for them, and I pray each and  everyday that God heals the illness and brings peace to their families.

I had Aidyn when I was 21 years old. Almost 1 year ago exactly. I have struggled, but with the help of so many wonderful programs, and people, I am still up on my feet. It has been one heck of a year. A lot of ups and a lot of downs, but we are still alive and we are healthy, so I am Thankful.

Well there you have it. Me rambling about how I relate to the girls on Teen Mom.

I'm EXTREMELY bored at work, so I'll probably come up with another blog later on tonight...

Until then...

Cheers & Love

SGK

No comments:

Post a Comment