Saturday, February 18, 2012

Nostalgia

I may not want to go back to that exact time, but I am so blessed to have had such an easy pregnancy. {Other than gaining an incredible 60 pounds... YIKES} It is a weird feeling knowing that four days from now I will be the mother of a one year old. For today's blog, I decided to share with you the letter that I wrote to AJ before he was born. This letter is also on Facebook.

I was so in love with this little boy before I even saw his face....

Baby Aidyn,

It is seven weeks till you’re due to be with us and I feel like you won’t be in any hurry to come out. I’m glad that I have given you a safe home for the last 9 months and I promise to continue to give you a safe home for as long as you need one in your life, whether you are two or fifty two. Although your Daddy and I didn’t really plan on having you so soon, already you are the best thing that has ever happened in our lives and you aren’t even here yet. The miracle of you has made us complete.

There are so many things I can’t wait to tell you:

How Daddy and I felt when we realized that you were growing inside me.

How amazing it was when we first saw you (I cried) and the excitement experienced when we were told that you were a boy. (I will never forget how perfect your Daddy’s smile was when he found out.)

The way it feels when you do somersaults inside my tummy, and what it is like to watch you move around in there.

How funny it was when you kicked Daddy in the face!

How thankful I am that you are growing healthily, even if it does mean you are making mommy look like a cow.

How amazed I am that people can have so much love and good feeling towards someone they have yet to meet, you are very blessed with the family and friends that will support you in your life

Most importantly though, I can’t wait to tell you each and every day that I love you and I am thankful for you. Although in years to come I am certain that we will not always see eye to eye, I will make sure that you know that I will support you, care for you and fight for you every time that you need me to. You are my child. You are my world. You are everything to me. I wish you love, health and happiness, all the days of your life. Know that life is a journey full of surprises and endless possibilities. Here are ten of the lessons I want you to hold tight to. Take my hand and let me show you the way.

1. Knowledge is Power
Never stop learning. Take pleasure in reading, writing, listening and sharing a little every day. Having an active mind is something you never want to lose!

2. Work Hard
Having the drive and determination to complete a task makes you a winner from the start. Rolling up your sleeves, putting in your dues and trying your very best will take you where you want to go.

3. Have Fun
Find enjoyment in all you do. Be positive, attitude is everything. Having a carefree, laid-back personality helps you to relax and enjoy all that life has to offer. Don’t sweat the small stuff!


4. Love
Learn the power of unconditional love. Love yourself, other people, animals and your environment. Have compassion for all those around you. Life is NOTHING without love.

5. Independence
Be self-sufficient. Learn to take care of yourself and make your own decisions. Relying on others to get through life should be helpful, not a requirement.

6. Creativity
Learn to “think outside the box”. Don’t be a follower, be a leader. Use your imagination. Be your own person. Great things come to those who choose the road less traveled.

7. Be Brave
Success comes to those who take a leap of faith. Just do it. Take the plunge. Many people are crippled by fear and fail to reach their full potential. Be willing to take risks in order to achieve your goals.

8. Save Money
Whether we like it or not, money makes the world go round. Financial security can really give you peace of mind and a better quality of life. Avoid living your life in the shadow of debt.

9. Learn to Compromise
Compromise is the key to any lasting relationship. Whether you are dealing with family, friends or business partners, you must learn the art of “meeting in the middle”. In life you don’t always get your way.

10. Follow Your Dreams
No one knows what you desire in life but yourself. Never give up on your dreams. Anything is possible. Follow your heart. Be the “Little Engine That Could”.

Baby boy, your whole life is still ahead of you. You are so lucky to be at the beginning of this wonderful journey. Make the most of your time. Live your life the very best way you can. Live your life for you. I will be here to hold your hand through every twist and turn life has in store for you. No one can love you the way that I already do Aidyn James, and that love will never stop growing.

I love you,
Mommy

This is about when I wrote the letter... Hard to believe I was THAT big!

I hope you enjoyed reading...

Cheers & Love

SGK

No comments:

Post a Comment